Patient Service Representative- Urgent Care- Sheboygan-Part Time
Company: Prevea Health
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Title Patient Service Representative- Urgent Care-
Sheboygan-Part Time Description This position will work 20 hrs per
week and will include evenings and weekends Job Description and
Essential Functions Job Title/Position: Patient Services
Representative Job Classification: Administrative/Professional
Support Date of Analysis: 5/29/13 Date of Revision/Review: 06/2020,
THE MISSION STATEMENT To take care of people with passion, pride,
and respect. OVERALL EXPECTATIONS STATEMENT Providing exceptional
care for our patients as well as recognizing the value of your
co-workers is the expectation of all members of the Prevea Health
organization. All members are expected to focus on the patient`s
needs; relate to all in a friendly, accepting manner; communicate
in a positive and professional way to patients and co-workers; use
time effectively and efficiently; and demonstrate an overall high
level of performance. Brief Description of Job Responsibilities:
Greets, instructs, directs and schedules patients and visitors in
an engaging and positive manner. Serves as a liaison between
patient and medical staff. Makes a positive first impression on any
person utilizing Prevea Health services, whether on the phone or in
person. Major Responsibilities:
- Coordinate communication between patients, family members,
medical staff, providers and administrative staff-via phone, in
person, or through MyPrevea.
- Direct patient inquiries or complaints to appropriate
- Assist patient or caller in directing medical concerns; receive
and route messages to appropriate staff.
- Obtain and confirm accurate demographic and insurance/coverage
- Schedule and confirm patient appointments.
- Assist patient or caller with financial questions regarding
policies, insurances, payments or other financial needs.
- Attend meetings as required and follow the policies and
procedures of the organization. Specialized Requirements:
- Handle cash in accordance with Prevea policies and
- Appropriately collect required payments, including co-payments,
outstanding balances, and payments due prior to services being
rendered in accordance with Prevea policies and procedures.
- Provide error-free and accurate daily batch and/or deposits to
appropriate staff for processing.
- Complete all work tasks in accordance with privacy, compliance
and HIPAA laws.
- Perform patient screening duties as determined is necessary for
a specific department and/or site. Performance Requirements:
- Ability to adapt to frequently changing protocols and processes
in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing exceptional
customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting
quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer
- Communicate effectively with employees throughout the
organization in a proactive and positive manner, as well as possess
the ability to motivate in order to accomplish the goals of the
department and the clinic.
- Promotes teamwork and provides a supportive environment for
staff in the assigned departments and throughout the
- Ability to multi-task in an efficient and effective
- Ability to think critically using provided information in the
- Engages in active listening by giving full attention to what
others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made,
and asking questions as appropriate.
- Must be empathetic and responsive to patient`s needs,
continually looking for ways to assist patients.
- Knowledgeable of the computer systems with an emphasis on
learning and training on the Epic system
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation to accurately
type patient information and take appropriate messages.
- Ability to speak clearly, concisely and professionally.
- Must be willing to work at all locations, various shifts and
extended hours as needed. Education/Experience/Certifications:
- Experience in customer service, insurance and/or healthcare
- Proficient interpersonal, telephone and computer skills
Non-Essential Duties: Other duties as assigned Typical Working
Conditions: Work is performed in an office environment. Involves
continual contact with staff and the public. Possible exposure to
- Long sedentary hours
- Computer time stressful on eyes Typical Physical Demands:
Requires sitting for long periods of time. Working in an office
environment. Some bending and stretching is required. Vision must
be correctable to 20/30 and hearing must be in the normal range.
Working with occasional stress and the ability to adapt to
continuous change is required. Use of telephone and computers are
required. Manual dexterity required for use of phone, calculator,
and computer keyboard. In compliance with federal law, all persons
hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work
in the United State and to complete the required employment
eligibility document form upon hire. Prevea participates in
E-verify. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and
responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify Essential
Functions/Physical Demands Job Title/Position: PSR Job
Classification: Administrative/Professional Support
Keywords: Prevea Health, Sheboygan , Patient Service Representative- Urgent Care- Sheboygan-Part Time, Sales , Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!