R&D Pattern Technician Sewing - Nemschoff
Company: Herman Miller, Inc
Posted on: July 12, 2019
About this Opportunity
As an R&D Pattern Technician Sewing working at Nemschoff,
you'll implement patterns created for the design and manufacturing
of new and existing products. You will interface with the R&D
and Engineering Departments. You'll also support training and
continuous improvement activities for the Sewing Department.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others,
and be an owner every day as you...
* Collaborate and troubleshoot with Warranty and Operations for
return or warranty issues.
* Communicate any changes in the expected completion date to
management in a timely manner.
* Communicate needed information upon request to the R&D,
Engineering, Fabric, Procurement, Manufacturing, and Warranty
* Create and work with R&D on sewing notes, read the NSP
report, and digitize patterns.
* Conduct bi-weekly evaluations on all new team members in the
training cell. You will also time individuals to verify
progress/correct sewing times on BOM.
* Follow-up with management concerning late deliveries to
* Help R&D with new sewing patterns and update old sewing
notes. This includes creating sewing work instructions and handing
off information related to sewing techniques.
* Train employees on the processes of new and existing products,
including Sheboygan, Iowa, and any new facilities, including
* Work with the Work Team Leader very closely and fill in for them
when they are on vacation.
* Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
* A high school diploma or GED, with previous experience in
purchasing or production planning preferred.
* Experience working with industrial sewing equipment. Experience
working with fabric is preferred. Five or more years of upholstery
and sewing experience is desired.
* The ability to read and interpret documents such as dispatch
lists, shop orders, CAD drawings, etc.
* The ability to speak effectively to employees of organization -
good verbal communications skills are required for this
* The ability to calculate figures and amounts such as yardages,
proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
* Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and reasoning skills to
communicate with vendors and coworkers.
* An understanding of patterns and fabric (preferred).
* Experience with textile cutting equipment and software such as:
Accumark, PDS 2000, and System Management software (preferred).
* The ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety
of concrete variables in situations where only limited
* The ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* The ability travel as needed for manufacturing support of new and
existing products to all facilities, vendors, and customer
* The ability to perform all essential job functions of the
position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Nemschoff, we focus on nurturing creative people, innovative
thinking, and forward-looking healthcare solutions. Our unique
combination of experience, insights, skills, and willingness to try
new ideas makes us a leader in the industry. Part of the Herman
Miller family, we have a design-focused, environmentally
responsible approach and a commitment to craftsmanship that has
been a part of our culture since 1950. Based in the lakeshore city
of Sheboygan, Wisconsin, we offer a high quality of life, a
rewarding team atmosphere, and an excellent benefits package.
We are always looking for talented people to join our team. Ready
to apply? View a list of our open positions and apply online at
nemschoff.com/careers or at our parent company, Herman Miller.
HERMAN MILLER IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION. WE ARE AN
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER INCLUDING VETERANS AND PEOPLE WITH
Keywords: Herman Miller, Inc, Sheboygan , R&D Pattern Technician Sewing - Nemschoff, Professions , Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!