CDL Driver - Roll Off
Company: Advanced Disposal Services, Inc.
Posted on: January 27, 2019
Advanced Disposal is a company that brings fresh ideas and solutions to the business of a clean environment. It is our people who make the difference and leave the world a cleaner, more beautiful place. We are proud to provide cost-effective and environmentally-sound solutions for waste and recycling collection, transportation, processing and disposal. But we do much more than collect garbage. We truly are an environmental services company, and we are looking for our next environmental hero who has the talent and dedication to fulfill our mission: Every day, Driven to Deliver Service First, Safety Always.
General Purpose of Job: Collect and dump refuse or recyclable materials and transport to disposal area.
* Perform safety checks, pre-trip and post-trip inspections to ensure safe operating condition
* Refuel trucks and add fluids, as needed
* Ensure compliance with company policies, safety and maintenance procedures
* Complete any needed reports for defective equipment
* Transport loads to disposal sites
* Drive trucks between pre-established pick-up locations
* Operate hydraulic lifting devices to empty truck; attach hooks to receptacles
* Communicate with dispatchers concerning delays, unsafe routes, accidents, equipment breakdowns
* Keep informed of weather conditions
Equipment/Tools Used: Trucks, seat belts, vehicle inspection equipment
Protective Clothing & Equipment Used: Reflective vest, gloves, steel-toe boots; hard hat (when at landfill site)
Special Skills, Education or Licensure Required:
* Driver must pass DOT physical and drug screen
* Driver must meet Motor Vehicle Records standards set by company
* Driver must possess a minimum Class B CDL
*Must have 3 years driving experience--
* Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures
* May be exposed to solvents, chemicals and refuse
* May be exposed to other risks associated with working around machines, tools, and trucks
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
* Ability to operate trucks and other equipment as needed
* Ability to frequently lift or carry containers, recycling bins, or loose materials to truck; which may result in twisting, pulling, pushing and bending, depending on the material and collection vehicle type
* Ability to climb, bend or stand for an extended period of time. In addition, individuals must be able to reach above shoulders and lift a minimum of 50 pounds
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice
All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: Advanced Disposal Services, Inc., Sheboygan , CDL Driver - Roll Off, Professions , Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!