Company: The Vollrath Company
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Manage a portfolio of customer accounts to determine credit
worthiness, to maximize cash flow and to mitigate the risk of bad
- Analyze requests for credit on assigned portfolio of domestic
customers to minimize bad debt risk and maximize accounts
receivable collection. Recommend changes of credit limits to credit
- Initiate credit investigations using credit reporting agencies,
industry reports, and bank and trade references.
- Analyze financial statements. Calculate financial ratios and
analyze data. Compile reports regarding finance and credit
- Evaluate credit information to determine credit acceptability
and recommend credit line to credit management
- Set, review, and revise credit limits. Determine where
restrictive selling terms are necessary. Recommend change of terms
to credit management.
- Review files and maintain current information on active
- Responsible for collection activity and follow-up of assigned
portfolio of domestic customers.
- Review customer files to identify, prioritize and select
delinquent accounts for collection.
- Contact customers for payment of past due accounts and payment
- Reconcile accounts and answer customer inquiries regarding
balances. This may include short paid invoices, tracking
information, POD's, pricing disputes, shortages and overages to
shipments, unearned cash discounts and freight costs.
- Inform sales personnel of collection problems and request their
assistance when necessary.
- Secure information for presentation to Company personnel and
customers to settle disputed balances.
- Refer unusual or difficult collection problems to Credit
Management with recommended courses of action.
- Assist in preparing legal documents required for suit actions
and bankruptcy filings. Maintain files and follow-up on bankruptcy
claims and accounts placed with collection agencies and attorneys.
- Other Responsibilities - Some travel is involved to visit with
customers or to attend credit meetings and credit educational
functions. Perform any duties deemed necessary by Credit Management
for efficient operation of the department.Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years related experience in the credit and
- PC skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Word and
- Strong ten key calculator ability.
- 5 plus years of credit and collection experience preferred
- Degree in business administration preferred with a Finance or
an Accounting emphasis
- General knowledge of credit and collection practices.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to
interact successfully with people at all levels.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is a plus
- Must be able to organize and work independently with minimal
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy in detailed
- Ability to handle exceptions to routine procedure.
- Ability to work under time constraint pressures.
- Ability to work with and interpret various numbers and
combinations of numbers in relationship to discount items, pricing
etc.Company Culture Requirements
- Treat all people with Respect - People matter. Understand your
audience and your impact. We are better when people are heard and
valued for their unique perspective.
- Take Ownership - People are counting on you. Act with integrity
and follow through on commitments.
- Empower Action - We succeed when we work together. Our
differences make us stronger and create better outcomes. People and
teams are empowered to make decisions and take action.
- Commitment to Stakeholders - We are committed to knowing and
exceeding the expectations of our customers, employees, ownership
- Life Beyond Work - People need balance. Embrace opportunities
to pursue your passions.
Keywords: The Vollrath Company, Sheboygan , Credit Analyst, Professions , Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!