Posted on: June 20, 2022
The purpose of this job is to help Vollrath succeed by compiling
variance and spend data, performing analysis, and sharing relevant
information and actionable insight with those in a position to
directly influence performance in these areas. This role plays a
key, proactive role in annual budgeting, standard cost development,
and strategic initiatives.
* Prepare, review, analyze, and interpret monthly manufacturing
spending and variance account details. Determine root causes by
combining transaction-level financial analysis with information
gathering from operations personnel. Anticipate questions and
propose possible solutions for problem areas.
* Work with manufacturing personnel to understand the drivers of
specific variances and serve as a business partner to help identify
how to improve financial results.
* Preparation of the annual budgets for all manufacturing plants.
This includes understanding payroll expenses, spending items,
manufacturing variances, and cost allocations. Provide detailed
analysis of the manufacturing variance and spending accounts and
how changes/improvements will impact the next year's plan.
* Assist in the preparation for the yearly standard cost roll by
compiling budget and operational data for the development of
overhead rates and cost adders.
* Perform all month end duties timely and accurately in order to
ensure accurate financial and management reporting.
* Serve as a business partner with cost reduction projects by
defining and measuring savings, updating project savings results,
forecasting future savings, and making sure project details are
complete and up to date.
* Prepare make vs. buy and other cost analyses to support ongoing
marketing, procurement, and production activities.
* Assist in coordinating information compiled and/or analyzed by
others in order to hit critical deadlines.
* Assist in the training of less experienced team members.
* Assist in other projects or duties as assigned by the Cost
* 5+ years of analytical accounting experience, preferably in cost
* Bachelor's degree with a major in accounting.
* A strong self-starting individual with tenacity, a sense of
purpose, and a resourceful and collaborative attitude.
* A very strong track record of seeking out and successfully
completing projects, digging to determine root causes and finding
solutions, and serving as a collaborative business partner with
other functional areas.
* Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills and technical
* Excellent oral and written communication skills for dealing with
all levels within the organization.
* Ability to perform advanced excel functions such as pivot tables,
filters, sorting, complex formulas, and graphs in ways that achieve
high degrees of efficiency and effectiveness.
* Experience in JDE or other ERP systems and the ability to create
ad hoc financial reports using a database report writing tool are
* Visual acuity to perform activity such as preparing and analyzing
data and figures.
* Ability to exert up to 10 pounds occasionally and sit most of the
time, with walking and standing required only some of the time.
Company Culture Requirements
* Treat all people with Respect - People matter. Understand your
audience and your impact. We are better when people are heard and
valued for their unique perspective.
* Take Ownership - People are counting on you. Act with integrity
and follow through on commitments.
* Empower Action - We succeed when we work together. Our
differences make us stronger and create better outcomes. People and
teams are empowered to make decisions and take action.
* Commitment to Stakeholders - We are committed to knowing and
exceeding the expectations of our customers, employees, ownership
* Life Beyond Work - People need balance. Embrace opportunities to
pursue your passions.
Keywords: Vollrath, Sheboygan , Cost Analyst, Professions , Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!