Posted on: May 1, 2021
COMAR is hiring a Maintenance Mechanic in our Sheboygan, WI
Hours: Steady, Full-Time positions with paid overtime.
Benefits: Competitive pay & benefits (health, dental, vision, paid
time off, 401k with match) …and more!
"Come join our Growing, Fast-Paced, Customer-Focused Company that
fosters long term Careers and Professional Training &
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
"Quality & Safety are Top Comar Priorities"
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by
completing preventive maintenance requirements on Production, HVAC,
and facility equipment, motors, pneumatic and hydraulic systems,
conveyor and packaging systems, and production machines by
following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's
instructions, and engineering specifications.
- Troubleshoot malfunctions and locate sources of problems by
observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems;
using precision measuring and testing instruments; uses OEM manuals
diagrams and prints. May use computerized diagnostic systems,
vibration analysis and Infrared techniques to help figure out the
source of problems.
- Remove defective parts by dismantling devices using hoists,
cranes, and hand and power tools.
- Determine changes in dimensional requirements of parts by
inspecting used parts using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments by
using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Control downtime by informing production workers of routine
preventive maintenance techniques and monitoring
- Fabricate repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation
and equipment like drill press, lathes, grinders and various hand
- Perform machining work doing welding, drilling, grinding and
using other machining tools,
- Install or remove machines and equipment.
- Maintain equipment, parts, and supply inventories by checking
stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment,
parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying
- Maximize maintenance efficiencies by using equipment and
supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provide mechanical maintenance expertise to drive continuous
- Prepare mechanical maintenance reports by collecting,
analyzing, and summarizing information and trends utilized in
continuous improvement projects.
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and
communicating actions, irregularities, within the Computerized
Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Install or repair machinery and equipment.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Attend daily shift meetings to prioritize work orders and
- Safely operate forklifts, cranes, power tools, hoists and hand
- Lead and participates in Continuous improvement
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational
workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal
- Lead and mentor maintenance technicians.
Safety and Cleanliness
"We have put in place Covid-19 practices for our employees'
- Abide by and execute all safety protocols. Report any unsafe
conditions to supervisor.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Wear company issued personal protective equipment (PPE) such as
gloves, masks, hairnets, safety glasses, earplugs.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
"A Comar employee who will represent the customer and be the
Do You Have…?
- High school diploma or equivalent with 1-2 years related
experience or training.
- Forklift Certification.
- Computer user skills – proficient in basic computer use – able
to quickly learn and efficiently use new systems.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal
skills- ability to work well with all levels in the
- Reliable and dependable attendance.
- Flexibility with work schedule and willingness to work overtime
- Technical certification in maintenance or working towards
mechanic, electrical, or other equipment related discipline
- Knowledge and or previous experience in blow molding, injection
molding or extrusion molding.
- Experience with processing or troubleshooting of plastics
- Some knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, and electronics.
- Safely operate and use standard shop equipment.
- Understand the concept of continuous improvement, six sigma or
- Adapt to changing situations, manage priorities and crises
- Work independently and in a team environment and take direction
- Develop and train others.
- Read blueprints and operational procedures.
Do You have the Physical Stamina to…?
- Stand for most of the work shift.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and
arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, twist, and only occasionally
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally more with
assistance of equipment.
- Use close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability
to adjust focus.
Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. Exposure to shop
floor elements such as noise, dust, fumes, odors, and grime of
machinery. The temperature is typically warm to hot.
Keywords: COMAR, Sheboygan , MAINTENANCE MECHANIC, Professions , Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!