Insights & Analytics Analyst
Company: ACUITY, A Mutual Insurance Co
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Overview:Acuity is seeking an Insight & Analytics Analyst. They
will be assigned responsibility and accountability working with
senior leaders to inform company strategies and decision-making
through an objective viewpoint. The analyst will leverage the
team's expertise in deep business knowledge while using data as an
asset, as well as utilize statistical and advanced analytical
techniques as appropriate. The analyst is expected to combine deep
business expertise with analysis skills to discover and identify
new insights including transforming new insights into actionable
- Access, gather, and analyze data from multiple internal and
external sources to drive insights into business problems,
decisions, and performance.
- Create forecasts, reports, dashboards, and more to tell a story
- Produce actionable reports that show key performance
indicators, identify areas of improvement into current operations,
and display root cause analysis of problems.
- Utilize data mining tools and analytics to support the
initiatives of assigned business areas.
- Responsive to changing business needs, manage and prioritize
concurrent assignments, and handle ambiguity.
- Aptitude for learning new platforms, development, analytic and
presentation tools that consist of modeling, analytic and
- Summarize analysis into user-friendly deliverables by
translating detailed data into business-appropriate communication
- Apply new perspectives, creative problem solving, and create
inter-departmental connections to improve analytical
- Take initiatives to design and develop deliverables based on
the interpretation of findings and business client needs on a wide
range of analytical topics.
- Produce high-quality work that drives business outcomes; places
the user in the center of decision making.
- Demonstrate expertise in development and analytical tools such
as SAS, SQL, MS Excel, SPSS, R, PowerBI or Tableau.
- Provide quantitative and qualitative data analysis and
reporting of patterns, insights, and trends.
- Create forecasts, recommendations and strategic/tactical plans
based on business data.
- Report on insights, findings, and implications with
stakeholders through interactive presentations, visualizations, and
- Mentor other team members through independent projects.
- Gather information systematically; consider a broad range of
issues or factors, grasp complexities and perceive relationships
among problems or issues, and use accurate logic in analysis.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications:EDUCATION:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics,
Statistics, Business, or related field.EXPERIENCE: 3+ years of
experience in research and data analysis, application of
statistical research techniques, or application development that
support business decisions/outcomes.OTHER:
- Strong communicator to explain results and provide
recommendations at an appropriate level for internal and external
- Problem-solve, research, complete quantitative analysis, and
utilize analytical working techniques.
- Design independently and develop deliverables that go beyond
the status quo while still being a team player.
- Ability to meet deadlines through analytical capabilities.
- Collaborate with team for speed, agility, and innovation in
- Embrace continuous learning, curiosity, and ambiguity while
enhancing strong customer and client relations.This job is
classified as exempt.
Keywords: ACUITY, A Mutual Insurance Co, Sheboygan , Insights & Analytics Analyst, Professions , Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!