Assembler - Nemschoff
Company: Herman Miller, Inc
Posted on: April 18, 2019
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
As an Assembler working at Nemschoff, you'll assemble products
and/or related parts in a manufacturing setting. You will perform a
standard rate of work based upon customer demand and Lean
manufacturing principles to satisfy the customer with a high
quality product delivered in a timely manner. You'll also
problem-solve with the assistance of other team members and seek
continuous improvement. All of your activities will be performed
and completed with a high regard for the safety of others and
yourself. You may also learn additional functions by cross-training
in other departments as needed.
WHAT YOU\'LL DO
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others,
and be an owner every day as you...
* Ensure that the workspace is clean and organized.
* Follow Nemschoff's recycling procedures for the proper disposal
* Follow Nemschoff's standard quality guidelines for all
* Follow the requirements of good documentation practices when
handling quality records or controlled documents.
* Inspect your personal work for quality, recognize flaws in
components, and properly report problems to the Flow Coordinator or
* Learn and utilize the proper method for building each piece of
furniture and follow the standard method of assembly for each
corresponding piece of furniture.
* Work in a team environment.
* Work overtime as needed for production needs.
* Work with a safety-oriented mind set.
* Operate, oil, and maintain air drivers, drills, and staplers.
* Read shop orders to determine the appropriate components required
to build each piece of furniture.
* Restock individual supplies and hardware as needed.
* Use cordless drivers and various hand tools.
* Utilize Lean manufacturing principles as trained or directed.
* Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve
SOUND LIKE YOU?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
* A high school diploma or GED.
* The ability to read, understand, communicate, and interpret
written and verbal instructions, work documentation, policies,
* The ability to communicate problems with components and final
product to the proper Flow Coordinator or supervision.
* The ability to match numbers from the shop order print to the
proper component part.
* The ability to solve smaller problems that may arise while
* The ability to logically understand where components should or
should not be used.
* The ability to perform critical thinking functions.
* The ability to multi-task and be self-motivated in your work.
* An attention to detail.
* The ability to work in a regulated environment.
* The ability to read and understand safety data sheets when using
* The ability to perform all essential job functions of the
position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Nemschoff, we focus on nurturing creative people, innovative
thinking, and forward-looking healthcare solutions. Our unique
combination of experience, insights, skills, and willingness to try
new ideas makes us a leader in the industry. Part of the Herman
Miller family, we have a design-focused, environmentally
responsible approach and a commitment to craftsmanship that has
been a part of our culture since 1950. Based in the lakeshore city
of Sheboygan, Wisconsin, we offer a high quality of life, a
rewarding team atmosphere, and an excellent benefits package.
We are always looking for talented people to join our team. Ready
to apply? View a list of our open positions and apply online at
nemschoff.com/careers or at our parent company, Herman Miller.
HERMAN MILLER IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION. WE ARE AN
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER INCLUDING VETERANS AND PEOPLE WITH
Keywords: Herman Miller, Inc, Sheboygan , Assembler - Nemschoff, Other , Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!