Security Officer I - 3rd Shift
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Security Officer I - 3rd ShiftWork Mode: -OnsiteLocation: -
-Onsite at Kohler, WIOpportunityA Security Officer I plays a
significant role in ensuring a safe, secure, and friendly
environment by enforcing security policies and being responsible
for safeguarding Kohler Co. and the Kohler brand. This is
accomplished by identifying risks, maintaining security processes
in order to reduce risks, respond to incidents, and limit exposure
or liability in all areas: financial, physical, and personnel.
Security Officer I will also ensure that standardized security
practices, systems, and processes are being utilized to meet
corporate security guidelines and policies. A Kohler Co. Security
Officer I is a friendly resource to individuals who need
assistance, medical aid, crisis intervention, or local directions.
They respond quickly in emergency situations as an integral team
member and serve to protect the property, guests, visitors, and
employees of Kohler Co. Specific Responsibilities
- Under the direction of an experienced Kohler Co. Security
Supervisor, and within defined timeframes:
- Responsible for the protection, safeguarding, and security of
personnel, customers, visitors, and assets.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of associates,
visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain
security of the premises.
- Greet visitors in person in order to provide assistance or
refer to appropriate company representative.
- Operate a multi-channel radio with multiple frequencies.
- Observe and report all suspicious activity or policy
- Manage the access control requirements in a manner that ensures
the highest level of security in an efficient manner.
- Accurately understand various transmissions, (e.g. telephone,
radio, etc.) and transcribe information (e.g. numbers, letters,
names and facts) from one source to another in a timely
- Deter crime by providing a general security presence.
- Develop an operating knowledge of Kohler security and fire
systems to be able respond appropriately.
- Assist with special assignments during periods of emergency or
as requested by management.
- Provide transportation services with company vehicles as
- Achieve and maintain required certification in emergency
responder courses, i.e. CPR, Industrial First Aid, Fire
- Act as a security and safety resource to other departments and
local emergency services as dictated.Skills/RequirementsEducation
and Experience Requirements
- High School education; two year college degree preferred
(Police Science, Criminal Justice, Police Administration or Liberal
- Law enforcement, industrial security, or Military Police
- Valid Wisconsin driver's license. Physical Requirements
- The minimum physical requirements of Security Officers
- The ability to transport emergency medical equipment, such as
medical bags and oxygen equipment, weighing approximately 50
pounds, from a vehicle to the scene of the emergency and
appropriately utilize such equipment at the scene.
- The ability to ascend and descend fixed or portable ladders to
access roof and other areas in the event of an emergency.
- The ability to be certified and correctly perform CPR,
unassisted, as defined by the American Heart Association and
operate an automatic external defibrillator.
- Be able to provide verbal instructions, in an emergency
situation in a clear and intelligible manner.
- The ability to legally operate a passenger automobile or light
truck. Required Skills and Competencies
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively both orally and
- Submit reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as
equipment or property damage, theft, accidents, presence of
unauthorized persons, suspicious activities, or unusual occurrences
to Corporate Security Supervision daily.
- Establish, develop, and maintain courteous and effective
- Maintain emotional control and work effectively during
emergencies, crisis situations, or extremely stressful
- Consistently speak in a clear, well-modulated voice.
- Memorize, retain, and accurately recall information.
- Multi-task, organize, prioritize, adapt to constantly changing
situations, and effectively take appropriate action.
- Represent Kohler Co. and Corporate Security in a professional
and respectful manner to all guests and associates during daily
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance.
- Be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Work holidays, weekends, irregular hours or extended shifts
with short notice.
- Seek guidance on new situations while offering ideas on how to
handle the situation.
- Ensure actions and behaviors are consistent with words.
- Demonstrate initiative by touring facilities as time
- Assist others with or without receiving prior direction to do
- Evaluate situations and volunteer possible solutions and
implications of any actions taken.
- Act as the Company telephone operator after normal business
- Obtain working knowledge of the property and visitor management
- Operate security equipment in a safe and respectful manner at
- Be alert/focused at all times, and be safety
conscious.#LI-OnsiteThe hourly range for this position is $19.00 -
$20.00. The specific hourly rate offered to a candidate may be
influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate's
experience, their education, and the work location. Available
benefits include medical, dental, vision & 401k.Why Work at Kohler
Co.?Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of
gracious living for those who are touched by our products and
services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates'
development to make that happen. - So, we offer ongoing investment
in each individual's personal development and the opportunity to
collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler. -In
addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a
benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision,
dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more! About UsBeyond the
competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich
history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates
and communities. - We invite you to learn more about our culture
and company at . It is Kohler's policy to recruit, hire, and
promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without
regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin,
disability or status as a protected veteran. - If, as an individual
with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the
recruitment process, please contact . - Kohler Co. is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer. -We invite you to learn
more about equal employment opportunity by reviewing the Federal
and the .
Keywords: KOHLER, Sheboygan , Security Officer I - 3rd Shift, Other , Kohler, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!