Food Service Assistant; PT, 1st shift
Company: Advocate Christ Medical Center
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Food Service Assistant; PT, 1st shift Job ID: R43889 Shift: 1st
Full/Part Time: Part_timeLocation: 3400 Union Ave Sheboygan, WI
53081Benefits Eligible: No Hours Per Week: 0Major
- Assembles patient and mobile meal trays/meals in accordance
with approved diet guidelines and portions while adhering to
- Loads and transports food carts. Delivers patient meal trays to
patient rooms in accordance with established procedures.
- May provide initial service to visitors in the cafeteria by
serving food and maintaining the cleanliness of the cafeteria.
Responsible for operating cash register, handling cash and
completing daily reports and cash register balance sheets as
- Performs cleaning duties using established sanitation
procedures in the kitchen and cafeteria. Washes pots, pans, and
dishes according to established procedures.
- Assists with preparation, delivery, setup, cleanup and
presentation of catered and specialized events. Assists with
"special days/promotions", including decorating. Displays daily
specials for presentation to customers. Coordinates the food
preparation and presentation of all major catering.
- Prepares snacks, beverages, sandwiches and other patient food
items in accordance with standardized recipes and approved diet
guidelines and portions while adhering to productivity
- Prepares, arranges, serves and replenishes supplies of food,
beverages and condiments in retail areas and kitchen. Prepares
entrees, grill and deli sandwiches, and salads with an emphasis on
food garnishing and presentation. Replenishes food service areas to
include supply of dishes, utensils, glassware, napkins and
- Delivers and stocks all nursing units, doctors' lounges, same
day surgery and emergency rooms, following established procedures
while adhering to productivity standards.
- Monitors food temperatures and utilizes established procedures
to ensure safe food handling techniques and prevent foodborne
illness. Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
- None Required. Education Required:
- No Formal Education. Experience Required:
- No experience required. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Basic knowledge in food service from within a hospital, hotel,
restaurant or a related environment.
- Ability to read and understand written and oral
- Good communication and customer service skills to effectively
interact with internal and external customers.
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office or similar
products. Ability to use e-mail and internet. Physical Requirements
and Working Conditions:
- Operates equipment (i.e. dish-machine, tray line, garbage
disposal, etc.) necessary to perform the job. Demonstrating ability
to safely and effectively, utilize necessary power equipment.
- Stands walks and reaches above shoulders the majority of the
workday as well as squats, bends, twists, kneels and climbs
- Must be able to:
- lift up to 40 lbs. from floor to a maximum 5 ft.
- lift and carry up to 40 lbs. at waist height a reasonable
- Must be able to:
- push/pull with 20 lbs. of force.
- Working atmosphere also contains fumes, odors, and dust/dirt.
floor, spices, etc. (Fumes are trucks, dust/dirt from storeroom or
- May be exposed to mechanical, electrical and chemical hazards.
Protective clothing must be worn as necessary.
- May be required to enter patient isolation rooms wearing
appropriate coverings during meal service tray delivery and pick
- Will be exposed to sharp knives, other sharp cooking utensils,
heat from ovens and other hazards in a kitchen environment. This
job description indicates the general nature and level of work
expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform
other related duties.
Keywords: Advocate Christ Medical Center, Sheboygan , Food Service Assistant; PT, 1st shift, Other , Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!