Direct Support Supervisor
Company: Homes for Independent Living of Wisconsin
Posted on: February 20, 2021
Interested in making a difference in the lives of others? For more
than 30 years, Homes for Independent Living has been an industry
leader in residential and community-based services and support to
adults with a wide range of disabilities. With more than 100
programs located in more than 14 Wisconsin counties, we are fully
committed to the clients we serve and our employees each and every
Homes for Independent Living is 100% employee-owned ! Each employee
has not only the responsibility to provide the best care, but also
receives the benefit of being an owner in the company.
The ideal candidate is a friendly, patient and hard working
individual who takes pride in helping others. We are looking for
team members who embrace our values of excellence, respect,
communication, teamwork and work-life balance. Come join our
GROWING team and be apart of a REWARDING opportunity today!
Dwell in the Possibilities
You would be responsible for day-to-day operations of the program,
with a focus on the supervision of personnel and client care to
enhance the overall health, safety, and welfare of the clients.
Promote accurate implementation of Individual Service and Behavior
Plans, reporting concerns and implementing changes as needed.
- Management tasks include: Performance management of employees,
maintaining work schedules, training of staff, implementation of
company policies and procedures, management of client funds,
maintaining excellent communication with guardians/case
workers/management and overall health monitoring of clients
- Direct care tasks include: Client assistance with daily living
activities, high level of personal cares, utilization of
specialized equipment for client mobility, cooking, cleaning,
medication administration, transportation of clients, developing
and maintaining positive self-image, personal hygiene, functional
social and community skills and recreational activities
Additional Core Responsibilities:
- Report allegations of abuse, resident rights violations,
conflict of interest, harassment, or fraud to management.
- Maintain cleanliness, safety, and physical condition of home,
equipment, and premises.
- Maintain professionalism and confidentiality.
- Exercise sound personal judgment.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years old
- 1-2 years of previous supervisory experience preferred
- Experience in human services or the healthcare industry
- Must be able to fully communicate effectively both written and
- Must be able to fully read, write and interpret the English
language and vocabulary
- Vast majority of positions require proof of valid Wisconsin
Class D driver's license for at least three years
- If driver's license required, driving record must meet all
company policies and insurance guidelines
- If driver's license required, must be able to maintain
insurance on personal vehicle and travel to different work
locations, meetings and training sessions
- Passion and strong desire to provide support and needed
assistance to adults in their every day living
- Ability to maintain self-composure and self-control under
stressful conditions. Clients may exhibit aggressive, challenging,
or offensive behaviors
- Demonstrate flexibility, autonomy, responsiveness, sound
judgment and a high level of initiative
- Successful completion of pre-employment physical, TB test,
caregiver background check and applicable trainings
We maintain a drug-free workplace
email your resume to ...@mypathcompanies.com
"We are an equal opportunity employer. Men, Women, Minorities, and
Veterans are encouraged to apply."
Keywords: Homes for Independent Living of Wisconsin, Sheboygan , Direct Support Supervisor, Other , Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!