Stage 2 Upholsterer - Nemschoff
Company: Herman Miller, Inc
Posted on: May 16, 2020
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
As a Stage 2 Upholsterer working at Nemschoff, you'll upholster
products and/or related parts in a manufacturing setting at a
standard rate of work based upon customer demand and Lean
manufacturing principles to satisfy the customer and provide high
quality products delivered in a timely manner. You will assist and
train other Upholsterers on new or existing products. You'll also
problem-solve with the assistance of other team members and seek
continuous improvement. All of your activities will be performed
and completed with a high regard for the safety of others and
yourself. You may also learn additional functions by cross-training
in other departments.
WHAT YOU\'LL DO
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others,
and be an owner every day as you...
* Use and maintain air tools for optimal performance.
* Confirm work processes when a new chair, component, or method is
* Follow Nemschoff's standard quality guidelines for all
* Follow Nemschoff's recycling procedures for the proper disposal
* Follow the requirements of good documentation practices when
handling quality records or controlled documents.
* Inspect your work for quality, perform rework, and report
problems to supervisors.
* Keep the work space clean and organized.
* Learn and utilize the proper method of upholstering each piece of
furniture and continue to follow this exact method of upholstery
* Work in a team environment.
* Work overtime as needed for production needs.
* Work with a safety-oriented mind set.
* Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve
* Properly apply cambric, velcro, tack strip, glue, and other
* Read shop order prints to determine the appropriate components
required to upholster each piece of furniture properly.
* Recognize flawed or damaged components to determine the
compatibility between components and properly report problems to
supervisors or Flow Coordinators.
* Restock individual supplies.
* Utilize a steamer or iron to ensure the production of quality
* Utilize Lean manufacturing principles as trained or directed.
SOUND LIKE YOU?
You might be just who were looking for if you have...
* A high school diploma or GED.
* The ability to learn the different application of products.
* Interpersonal skills and the ability to be accepting of
criticism. You'll also need to be patient and persevering.
* The ability to remain focused.
* The ability to read and interpret documents such as shop order
* The ability to communicate problems with upholstery materials to
the proper supervisors.
* The ability and understanding to carry out detailed and
straightforward written or oral instructions.
* The ability to solve smaller problems that may arise while
upholstering and to perform critical thinking processes.
* The ability to occasionally use scissors, nippers, regulators,
staple pullers, side cutters, drivers, box cutters, or other hand
* The ability to work overtime as needed for production needs.
* The ability to perform all essential job functions of the
position with or without accommodations.
WHO WE ARE
At Nemschoff, we focus on nurturing creative people, innovative
thinking, and forward-looking healthcare solutions. Our unique
combination of experience, insights, skills, and willingness to try
new ideas makes us a leader in the industry. Part of the Herman
Miller family, we have a design-focused, environmentally
responsible approach and a commitment to craftsmanship that has
been a part of our culture since 1950. Based in the lakeshore city
of Sheboygan, Wisconsin, we offer a high quality of life, a
rewarding team atmosphere, and an excellent benefits package.
We are always looking for talented people to join our team. Ready
to apply? View a list of our open positions and apply online at
nemschoff.com/careers or at our parent company, Herman Miller.
HERMAN MILLER IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION. WE ARE AN
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER INCLUDING VETERANS AND PEOPLE WITH
Keywords: Herman Miller, Inc, Sheboygan , Stage 2 Upholsterer - Nemschoff, Other , Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!