Company: CCI Systems, Inc.
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Job Description Location: Throughout WisconsinWhy CCI? CCI
Systems, Inc. is an Employee Owned Telecommunications Company based
in Iron Mountain, MI with 60+ years of industry knowledge and
experience. Our outstanding team-based work culture and environment
has allowed us to grow, develop, and retain long-term employees. We
offer a comprehensive benefits package, competitive pay,
flexibility, paid on the job training, overtime, professional
development, and inspire you to be bold, yet accountable. We value
our employee's hard work and determination and REWARD results all
while having fun! Our mission is to make life better by connecting
people through innovative communication systems.We are seeking
Fiber Splicers who play a vital role in ensuring timely delivery
and quality of telecommunications services to our customers. You
will read and interpret schematics and diagrams to splice,
terminate, and test fiber-optic, coaxial, and copper for new
construction and service installations. The role also maintains,
troubleshoots, and repairs damaged cable and related issues in the
outside plant network. Responsibilities
- Splice and repair fiber optic cables using single and mass
- Terminate fiber with pig tails or Unicam components.
- Test fiber using Optical Time Domain (OTDR) or power meter and
light source, testing with a light identifier.
- Install required splice capsules and hardware.
- Maintain existing plant without causing signal failure
- Maintain test documentation.
- Maintain project tracking information (production sheets, time
sheets, and customer required paperwork).
- Maintain Testing, Splice equipment, trailers, and
- Proficient at completing certification testing of fiber optic
- Keep a safe working environment.
- Proficient in the use of all test and splicing equipment.
Skills we are looking for
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Highly independent, self-starter, responsible and attentive to
- Mechanically inclined.
- Ability to work aloft up to 50' in a bucket truck, ladder,
and/or climb utility poles.
- Understand construction prints and splice schematics.
- Proficient with MS Office.
- Must hold a valid driver's license and complete DOT physical.
- Safety training and classroom safety instruction.
- Paid vacation, sick time, and holidays.
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance.
- 401(K) and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Life insurance, short-term disability, and Accidental Death &
Dismemberment (AD&D) options.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Wellness Plan with reimbursement. Time requirement
- This job will include approximately 75% travel.
- Overtime outside of normal workday hours may be required.
- Able and willing to be on call 24 hours, travel, and work
- Able and willing to work outdoors and in inclement weather
conditions. CCI Systems, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Keywords: CCI Systems, Inc., Sheboygan , Fiber Splicer, IT / Software / Systems , Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!