Pharmacy Manager - Sign On Bonus Available
Posted on: June 21, 2022
- Responsible for leading, directing, and managing Pharmacists
and Pharmacy Operations Manager performance and ensuring team
member engagement. Ensures the professional growth and development
of Pharmacists and Pharmacy Operations Manager.
- Responsible for driving overall compliance and business results
of the pharmacy across operations, quality, clinical outcomes, and
- Ensures proper pharmacy practice including but not limited to
monitoring/evaluating/implementing prescription drug orders,
dispensing prescription drug and device orders, educating patients
on the proper use or delivery of medication, providing
immunizations, completing drug regimen reviews, providing patient
counseling, and medication therapy management. Responsible for
compounding and labeling of drugs and devices and proper and safe
storage of drugs and devices.
- Acts as a full-time pharmacist in their home store.
Responsible for fulfilling Pharmacist-in-Charge (PIC) requirements,
upholding the board of pharmacy, state, and federal law,ensuring
all pharmacy personnel complies with all requirements of federal
and state pharmacy and drug laws, rules, and regulations and
providing direction and supervision of Pharmacy Operations Manager,
pharmacy technicians, interns, and pharmacists.
- Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering
assistance with products and services. Resolves customer
complaints, helps respond to customers' requests in a timely
manner, and answers questions to ensure a positive patient
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team
members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer
experience. Monitors customer service provided by team members and
offers reminders, training, encouragement, and develops plans for
- Develops strong relationships with customers by anticipating
customer needs and proactively offering services. Enhances customer
experience by increasing focus on healthcare services to improving
health outcomes and quality of life.Operations
- Upholds the compliance and state licensure requirements as
mandated by state legislation and the Board of Pharmacy. Ensures
the pharmacy operates in accordance with all regulations, company
policies and standards.
- Counsels patients and answers their questions regarding usage
of medicine, side effects, interactions, contraindications, patient
information privacy, generics, therapeutic interchanges,
over-the-counter products, and refers to a medical provider as
needed to ensure medication is taken properly and health needs
- Performs pharmacist tasks including compounding, drug therapy
reviews, verification, and medication management. Reviews,
interprets, and accurately dispenses prescribed medications.
- Accountable for ensuring the use of all elements of the Good
Faith Dispensing policy in conjunction with state and federal
controlled substance laws when filling prescriptions are followed
by all pharmacy personnel. The Product Review/Retail Fill Process
Pharmacist has the ultimate responsibility for ensuring that the
elements of Good Faith are present.
- Accountable for safe medication storage, diversion monitoring
and other key pharmacy inventory activities.
- Follows-up with medical providers' offices to clarify
prescribed medications, dosages, refills, interactions and,
allergies to suggest alternative medications and answer medical
- Provides retail, clinical, wellness, and other preventive
healthcare services (i.e., immunizations).
- Partners with Central Pharmacy Operations for customer
registration, 3rd party reviews, and assists with resolving
customer issues. In virtual environments, conducts virtual product
reviews by following specific company procedures and
guidelines.People & Performance Management
- Supervises the Pharmacy Operations Manager's execution of
pharmacy operations, including but not limited to record-keeping
and auditing, inventory, pharmacy maintenance, and core pharmacy
- Supervises Staff Pharmacists in execution of core pharmacist
duties, including but not limited to patient care, provision of
healthcare services (i.e. immunizations) collaboration with medical
providers' offices, and inventory management
- Makes hiring, promotion and performance management decisions.
Addresses issues and disciplines store team members, engages with
Employee Relations and Human Resources as appropriate.
- Develops employee performance improvement plans and follows up
according to deadlines.
- Monitors and approves team member compensation.
- Promotes teamwork and motivates team members by establishing
expectations, tracking results, showing enthusiasm, and sharing
- Ensures compliance with all company policies, applicable
employment laws, and is consistently fair in the treatment of all
- Communicates regularly with team members through one-on-one
discussions, group meetings, soliciting input, answering questions,
and ensuring communication lines are open between management and
non-management team members.Training & Personal Development
- Maintains and enhances current knowledge and skills related to
pharmacy and healthcare by reading pharmacy related journals,
company publications, and communications. Maintains awareness of
developments in pharmacy care and pursues best practices that would
enhance performance and health outcomes through proper execution of
standard operating procedures. Stays up-to-date on state/ federal
law and policy changes.
- Obtains necessary certifications, education credits, and
completes training such as LTMP e-modules as required by the
Company. Follows performance improvement plans offered by Store
- Seeks professional development by monitoring one's performance,
solicits for constructive feedback, and leverages District Manager
and/or Healthcare Supervisor as mentor and coach.Communications
- Serves as liaison between pharmacy, district, area, and support
center to provide a communication channel, respond to requests,
provide feedback, and implement initiatives.
- Conducts community outreach.Business Performance Management
- Identifies sales opportunities to ensure the growth and
performance of the pharmacy.
- Responsible for analyzing performance data, including pharmacy
financial, customer service, and inventory. Manages pharmacy asset
protection activities and oversees inventory management through
Pharmacy Operations Manager.Business Planning
- Develops and maintains good relationships with the local
medical community, including physicians, nurses, and other health
- Collaborates and builds strategic partnerships that result in
- BS in Pharmacy or Pharm D Degree from an accredited educational
- Current pharmacist licensure in the states within the district
(or willing to obtain in 1 year) per district guidelines.
- Certified Immunizer or willing to become an immunizer within 90
days of hire.
- 1 year pharmacy experience in a retail setting including
prescription filling and verification, records and legal
compliance, pharmacy operations, pharmacy software and technology
systems and insurance.
- Experience performing prescription dispensing activities and
strong working knowledge of applicable state and federal controlled
- Achieving expectations rating on last performance review and no
written disciplinary actions in the last 12 months (Internal
candidates only).An Equal Opportunity Employer, including
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy
USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a
global leader in retail pharmacy. As America's most loved pharmacy,
health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the
health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more
than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the
U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health
destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day.
Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare
system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare
services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients,
Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms
bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest
technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local
- Overall score of Exceeds Expectations for the most recent
performance review period.
- At least 6 months pharmacy experience with Walgreen Co.An Equal
Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
The following information is applicable for San Francisco, CA
applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we
will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
The following information is applicable to Colorado only, in
accordance with the Colorado Pay Equity Act. Please review the
available benefits and salary available for this position by
clicking here: jobs.walgreens.com/benefits. Walgreens will provide
applicants in other states with information related to the
position, to the extent required by state or local law, by calling
Keywords: WALGREENS, Sheboygan , Pharmacy Manager - Sign On Bonus Available, Hospitality & Tourism , Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!