Retail Relationship Banker
Posted on: May 13, 2022
1441 N Taylor Drive
Job Family Group:
Retail Banking Sales & Service
Delivers exceptional service to BMO customers and prospects.
Identifies customer needs and provides advice and guidance
regarding financial solutions that are in the best interests of
customers. Works collaboratively within the branch and with BMO
partners to deliver the desired customer experience and achieve
overall business objectives.
U.S. Only: This position will act as an originator of consumer
loans as defined by Regulation Z, Regulation G, and the Secure and
Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (the S.A.F.E. Act).
This position will require a Federal registration with the
Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry. The Bank will
instruct you on the registration requirements needed to comply with
this requirement. A criminal background review and credit history
evaluation will be required for this position as well as
restrictions on performing in a real estate agent capacity.
- Takes a lead in proactively engaging with existing customers
and prospects by providing needs-based assessments to grow loyalty
and identify immediate / future opportunities.
- Engages customers to complete needs assessments that identify
financial solutions and preferred banking channels while
recommending tailored solutions addressing both sales and service
needs (e.g. everyday banking, retail investments, lending
solutions, home financing (including business-for-self
applications)), and small business solutions).
- Offers clients advice and guidance on available digital and
self-serve options with the goal of making banking easy, simple,
- Supports customer transactions needs based on customer
- Engages customers to grow BMO's business by reaching out,
generating appointments, and building new relationships within the
- Addresses questions and resolves issues raised through consumer
credit audits and quality checks to ensure accurate data entry and
lending application recommendations in compliance with legal and
regulatory requirements and lending policies and
- Applies the risk management framework to the portfolio to
protect the Bank's assets and maintain the quality of the lending
portfolio in compliance with requirements for the lending process
and established yield, quality, diversification, and risk
- Makes credit recommendations for personal lending transactions,
including home financing, in accordance with sound credit granting
principles and with the Bank's policies and procedures.
- Acts as a key member of a collaborative and versatile branch
and market team.
- Probes to understand customer personal banking and credit card
needs and integrates marketing promotions and programs into
customer conversations to provide strategic advice.
- Organizes work information to ensure accuracy and
- Takes the initiative to find creative approaches that make each
customer's experience feel personal.
- Looks for ways to contribute to the ongoing improvement of the
overall branch customer experience.
- Contributes to business results and the overall experience
delivered in the branch.
- May work at multiple branches based on market needs; work
schedule may differ from week to week in terms of days worked,
hours, and shifts.
- Follows through on risk and compliance processes and policies
to ensure we safeguard our customers' assets, maintain their
privacy, and act in their best interest.
- Keeps current with the wider financial services marketplace,
the legal and regulatory environment, and our commitment to uphold
the highest ethical requirements of our industry.
- Maintains current knowledge of personal banking products,
practices, and trends and integrates into customer
- Identifies and reports suspicious patterns of activity that are
suspected to be related to money laundering.
- Complies with legal and regulatory requirements for the
- Protects the Bank's assets in compliance with all regulatory,
legal, and ethical requirements.
- Completes complex & diverse tasks within given rules/limits and
may include handling escalations from other employees.
- Analyzes issues and determines next steps.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 2 - 3 years of relevant experience and
post-secondary degree in related field of study desirable or an
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Registration to sell investment products completed - as
appropriate for the jurisdiction.
- Appropriate lending qualifications and designations.
- Working knowledge of personal and small business customer needs
- Working knowledge of retail investments and lending
- Experience in financial services is an asset.
- Confident and experienced in the use of social media, tablets,
Smart phones, online tools, and applications.
- Experience in a consultative customer service or sales role,
with a drive to deliver a personal customer experience.
- Passionate commitment to helping our customers.
- Drive to deliver a personal customer experience.
- A focus on results and the ability to thrive in a consultative
sales and team-based environment.
- Resourceful self-starter with courage and confidence to
- Readiness to collaborate and work in different capacities as
part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build
rapport and connections with customers.
- An aptitude for listening, solving problems, and responding
flexibly and creatively to new challenges.
- Specialized knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Good.
- Organization skills - Good.
- Collaboration & team skills - Good.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Good.
We're here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow
the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting,
positive change for our customers, our communities and our people.
By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we
transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected
and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We
strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and
our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you
need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach
theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and
network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable
experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and
accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we
gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris
Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part
in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation,
please contact your recruiter.
Keywords: BMO, Sheboygan , Retail Relationship Banker, Hospitality & Tourism , Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!