Private Duty Nurse (LPN) in Sheboygan, Wisconsin - Careers at Almost Family
Company: Almost Family
Posted on: August 1, 2019
Hiring for Private Duty Nurses in the Sheboygan area. We offer
Flexible Schedules and Weekly Pay!
The Private Duty Nurse (Licensed Practical Nurse - LPN) in
Sheboygan, WI provides and directs provisions of nursing care to
patients in their homes as prescribed by the physician and in
compliance with applicable laws, regulations and agency policies.
Also, The RN Registered Nurse job coordinates total plan of care
with other health care professionals involved in care, and helps to
achieve and maintain continuity of patient care by plannig and
exchanging information with physician, agency personnel, patient,
family, and community resources.
Hours: 2:00 PM to 11:30 PM, 4 days a week
Almost Family, a part of LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care
partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From
home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and
community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective
care that empowers patients to manage their health at home.
Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with
LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More
hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are
united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping
- Ability to relate to and treat acutely ill/chronically ill
patients/families and their particular problems.
- Must possess strong, patient management, and documentation
- Must possess the disposition and personality to work
harmoniously with a wide variety of people and all levels of staff,
and interact professionally as a member of a multi-disciplinary
- Must possess a strong commitment to the goals, mission, and
philosophy of the organization.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet identified
- Absolute integrity and the use of good judgment to handle the
professional and confidential nature of assignments.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational needs.
- Provides direct skilled nursing care.
- Utilize the E.V.V. (Electronic Visit Verification) program as
- Prepares equipment and material for use according to the plan
of care, practicing aseptic sterile technique.
- Assists patient in learning appropriate self care
- Re-evaluates and records the patient care needs of the acutely
ill and/or chronically ill at each home visit.
- Communicates with and regularly updates the patient regarding
his/her plan of care.
- Administers medications as prescribed by a physician and
permitted by law.
- Adheres to minimum productivity requirements as defined by
- Reports observations of the patient's condition to the
designated supervisor(s). If the findings are significant, report
observations to the client's physician.
- Assists with teaching the patient and family members regarding
the patient care needs and other related problems of the patient at
- Collaborates with other service providers to discuss the
patient plan of care and frequency of visits.
- Participates in providing 24-hour, seven-day-a-week nursing
services as assigned, to meet identified patient/family needs.
- Drives safely, complies with traffic regulations, and wears a
seat belt when business travel is required.
- Acts as role model in confidentiality, professionalism,
appropriate attire, unbiased interpersonal relationships, and work
- Ensures confidentiality of patient records/information.
- Attends team meetings and staff meetings to enhance team
communication, coordination of services, and quality services.
- Implements a multi-disciplinary approach to patient care by
assessing and identifying the patient's need for other agency
services and communicating that need to the designated Case
- Participates in interdisciplinary case conferences and in
service education programs, as required by agency policies and
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Observes, records, and reports (1) signs and symptoms; (2)
reactions to treatments and medications; and (3) any change in the
patients physical or emotional condition in a timely matter.
- Records clinical and progress notes at the time of the visit to
ensure continuity of qualitative patient care in a timely
- Completes daily report sheets and any required paperwork in a
timely fashion to ensure agency operating schedule to include
physician orders as required for RN to co-sign
- Completes clinical documentation accurately
- Reacts to change productively and performs other job-related
tasks and duties as assigned.
License, Registration, and / or Certification Requirement: Yes
- A minimum of one year experience as a LPN
- Must have current LPN licensure in state of practice.
- Current drivers license, vehicle insurance and access to a
dependable vehicle or public transportation.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Understands the concepts of home health care and the role as a
member of a full discipline health care team.
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that
---it---s all about helping people,--- and we live by those words
today. It---s our mission to provide exceptional care and
unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their
trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part
of the LHC Group family, you---re choosing a career path that will
challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.Every day,
all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people.
There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the
patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this
because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist.
It---s our purpose.--
Keywords: Almost Family, Sheboygan , Private Duty Nurse (LPN) in Sheboygan, Wisconsin - Careers at Almost Family, Healthcare , Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!