Occupational Therapist - OT - PRN - Home Health
Posted on: May 13, 2019
Overview Symbria is currently seeking a Home Health PRN
Occupational Therapist (OT) to add to our growing Rehabilitation
Team to serve our home health clients in Sheboygan, WI and
surrounding areas . Visits include per visit compensation along
with mileage reimbursement. For more than 20 years, Symbria has
been providing an outstanding work environment for talented
employees to deliver patient-centered care to the geriatric
population in senior-living and post-acute settings. Position
Summary Patient evaluation and effective administration of
treatment programs, actively participate in the interdisciplinary
rehabilitation team, and contribute to community marketing
activities. Ensures compliance with all state and federal
- Review and evaluate physician's referral and patient's medical
record to determine Occupational Therapy program required.
- Evaluate each patient's current level of functioning using
approved evaluation techniques, tests and observations, and prepare
written treatment programs based on evaluations.
- Administer a prescribed Occupational Therapy program to restore
and maintain maximum function and prevent disability using a range
of therapeutic modalities specific to upper extremity function,
sensory and perceptual skills, coordination and self-care skills
including, light hygiene, bathing, dressing, transfers, eating, and
- Maintain appropriate documentation in the patient chart, and
re-evaluate patient progress and revise treatment programs as
- Communicate Occupational Therapy philosophy and treatment
approaches and goals to patients, their families and other members
of the rehabilitation team.
- Coordinate Occupational Therapy services with Physical Therapy,
Speech-Language Pathology and the Nursing department.
- Supervise Symbria Rehab Occupational Therapy Assistants,
monitor productivity and staffing needs within the community.
- Complete all required clinical and billing documentation as
indicated and submit in a timely manner.
- Maintain productivity standards.
- Full utilization of technology provided to document and enhance
client care. Work Schedule
- Work schedules vary at each client location, and on occasion,
you may be scheduled to work at any other Symbria Rehab client
community, provided the other community is within a reasonable
traveling distance. Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited school for Occupational Therapy and a
valid registered license for the state in which employed.
- Acute care, long-term care and/or rehabilitation experience
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task,
prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills,
and problem-solving skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with strong focus on customer
service. Why work at Symbria?
- 100% employee-owned company through an Employee Stock Ownership
Plan, also known as an ESOP. You, along with your co-workers, have
an ownership stake in this company!
- Competitive compensation
- ESOP retirement plan
- 401(k) & Roth 401(k) plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision,
life insurance, short/long term disability, flexible spending
accounts (FSA), Paid Time Off (PTO) and Yearly Tuition
Keywords: Symbria, Sheboygan , Occupational Therapist - OT - PRN - Home Health, Healthcare , Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!