Surgery Scheduler (CNA) Part-time - Sheboygan
Company: Advocate Aurora Health
Posted on: March 15, 2019
How You'll Make a Difference:Schedules surgeries and special equipment needs, and processes patient charges. Assists in maintaining efficient flow of the Operating Room (OR) schedule and communicates all pertinent information to appropriate parties.Coordinates scheduling of surgical procedures between physicians and their offices, available OR specialty time, anesthesia, and other departments as necessary (i.e., X-ray, MRI, CT, etc.). Coordinates and communicates changes to existing schedule with appropriate departments/staff and makes adjustments to ensure maximum utilization of rooms and equipment.Schedules next day and beyond surgical procedures. Maintains and updates surgery assignments. Prints and distributes future OR schedules to all appropriate areas. Notifies providers with schedule changes and additions.Obtains necessary lab work, x-rays, H&P (History & Physical) as applicable.Processes patient charges and calculates based on procedure type, length of procedure, and supplies used. Reviews revenue to ensure charges are entered for every patient. Runs reports and verifies correct entry of codes and updates charges if errors are made.Answers, screens, triages, prioritizes, and determines urgency of incoming calls. Acts as a resource to providers, staff, patients and families.Operates and troubleshoots office equipment, arranges for maintenance repairs as necessary. May maintain inventory of office supplies, and complete and submit supply orders to replenish stock.What it Will Take:Licenses & CertificationsNone Required.DegreesHigh School Graduate.Required Functional ExperienceTypically requires 1 year of experience in a health care setting performing customer service functions that may include experiences in scheduling, registration, insurance authorization and/or patient billing.Knowledge, Skills & AbilitiesDemonstrated knowledge and proficiency with medical terminology. Basic knowledge of medical insurance plan terminology.Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with a variety of patients, staff and physicians. Able to read and understand verbal and written instructions.Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.Excellent organization and prioritization skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and short deadlines.Must have a high attention to detail.Proficient computer skills including experience in using Microsoft Office or similar applications, and electronic mail.What We'd Love to See:
- Must be a certified nursing assistant (CNA); will have duties such as: cleaning rooms, lifting patients, holding extremities for prep.
- CNA experience preferred.
- EPIC & Microsoft Word experience helpful. Computer skills are required.
- Must have good organization skills & phone etiquette. Scheduled Hours:
- Part-time, benefit eligible!
- Monday - Friday from 12noon - 5:00pm.
- No weekends or holidays.Department:Operating RoomLocation Address:2629 N 7th StSheboygan, WI53083-4932SheboyganAt Aurora Health Care:We pride ourselves on taking care of our people. And not just our patients-we mean you, too. We help each other live well. When you work at Aurora, you get the chance to work with a dedicated team that's as passionate about the work as you are. Here, you'll find limitless opportunities for ongoing learning, career advancement, competitive compensation and a stable work environment. But more than that, you have the opportunity to change lives-including your own.Diversity and inclusion matters at Aurora. We celebrate our differences and nurture an environment where everyone feels included. We know that when we reflect the communities we serve, when we embrace differences and bring our whole selves to work every day, we are working as one to build a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Aurora supports a safe, healthy and drug-free work environment through criminal background checks and pre-employment drug testing. We maintain a smoke-free environment at all our locations. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Advocate Aurora Health, Sheboygan , Surgery Scheduler (CNA) Part-time - Sheboygan, Healthcare , Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!