Clinic Medical Technologist
Posted on: February 15, 2019
We Are Hiring Medical Technologist - Clinic - Marsho Sheboygan Clinic - Part-Time Days - Marsho Clinic Sheboygan - Sheboygan, WI MLT (Medical Laboratory Technologist) or MT (Medical Technologist) will be consideredWhy Join Employer? In Wisconsin, Employer operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Employer provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Employer is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Employer is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care – including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities – in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit www.ascension.org/wisconsin. We're looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.What You Will Do As an Associate with Columbia St. Mary's-WI, you will have the opportunity to perform laboratory testing of patient specimens in one or more sections of the laboratory.Responsibilities:
- Performs diagnostic/analytic testing of specimens. Interprets, documents and reports test results.
- Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and references ranges for test methods.
- Serves as a resource to staff as needed.
- Serves as an expert resource for section testing, research and development of test methods, and development and maintenance of technical procedures.
- Assists with quality and staff competency.
- May also be responsible for phlebotomy duties based on department/location needs.
- Draws and/or collects lab specimens, ensuring that all patient records are verified.What You Will Need MLT (Medical Laboratory Technologist) or MT (Medical Technologist) will be consideredLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Certified Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Medical Technologist credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Meets the ASCP requirements to be a Certified Medical Laboratory Technician or Medical Technologist with Bachelors Degree in Medical Technology required by date of hireWork Experience:
- Prior Medical Lab Technology experience preferred.Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfM/F/Disabled/VetEEO is the Law Poster Supplementhttp://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdf
Keywords: Ascension, Sheboygan , Clinic Medical Technologist, Healthcare , Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!