staff - Lead Registered Nurse (RN) - Clinic - $30-45 per hour
Company: Advocate Aurora Health
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Advocate Aurora Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Clinic
Lead for a nursing job in Sheboygan, Wisconsin.Job Description &
- Specialty: Clinic
- Discipline: RN
- Duration: Ongoing
- 36 hours per week
- Shift: days
- Employment Type: StaffMajor Responsibilities:
- Oversees the day-to-day provision of patient care including
staffing, work flow, equipment and supplies. Assists supervisor in
evaluating and adjusting care and services provided by clinical and
clinical support staff. Acts as an expert clinical and department
resource. May provide work direction to other staff and/or assist
with patient care flow and the provision of services.
- Works to promote and implement care management and quality
initiatives. Assists in establishing quality standards for
department. Monitors and evaluates care delivery provided and takes
action to correct problems appropriately.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable policies, procedures
and regulatory, compliance and scope of practice guidelines;
assists in ensuring staff compliance. Promotes and upholds safety
and infection control standards for patients, visitors and
- Uses the nursing process to provide ongoing care (assess, plan,
intervention, and evaluation). Recognizes and responds to changes
in a patient's status and need for care. Determines priorities of
patient care based on essential patient needs.
- Provides triage and consultation to patient, family, and/or
significant others according to protocol and organization
- Prepares and rooms the patient for exam by obtaining vital
signs and documenting/updating pertinent health information (i.e.
chief complaint, allergies, medications).
- Performs laboratory procedures (i.e. strep test, wound culture,
specimen collection, etc.) using principles of aseptic technique
and standard precautions / infection control guidelines. Performs
advanced clinical tasks or skills such as removal of sutures and
staples, catheterization, audiograms, laboratory procedures
(throat/nose culture, drug screen, phlebotomy - butterfly, venous
access, heel stick), spirometry, Holter monitor application,
casting, complex wound care, fetal heart tone monitoring,
Hickman/port-a-cath/PIC line, central line care, conscious
sedation, anti-coagulation clinic operation, etc., with
demonstrated competency and under clinical supervision.
- Assists the physician/provider with procedures and surgeries
such as pelvic exams, allergy scratch testing, EMG, cautery,
- Administers medications, under physician/provider orders,
including: immunizations, antibiotics, narcotic pain medications,
vitamins, topical agents, insulin, blood thinners, and allergy
antigens. Initiates, maintains and discontinues IV therapy;
performs mixing of medications according to protocols.
- Assesses and provides basic to complex patient education and
counseling on the performance of tasks, skills, treatment and
self-care integrating health promotion and preventive aspects of
care. Follows through with necessary procedure or test requests,
prescription refills, new appointment times and referrals to other
facilities or services. Refers questions to physician/provider and
relays information back to patient as directed.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to
provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. Must
demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development
over the life span and possess the ability to assess data
reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate
information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative
to his/her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as
described in the department's policies and procedures. Age-specific
information is developed further in the departmental job
standards.Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
- Registered Nurse license issued by the state in which the team
member practices, and
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providerscertification
issued by the American Heart Association (AHA) needs to be obtained
within 6 months unless department leader has determined it is not
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.Experience Required:
- Typically requires 5 years of experience in nursing that
includes experiences in precepting, and acting as a nursing
resource. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal
skills; ability to develop rapport and maintain positive,
professional relationships with a variety of patients, staff and
- Demonstrated ability to effectively make critical, independent
- Excellent organization, prioritization and problem solving
- Demonstrated leadership skills including delegation,
organization, prioritization and building team rapport.
- Proficient computer skills including keyboarding, navigation
within a windows operating system, use of electronic mail and
electronic medical records systems.Physical Requirements and
- Must sit, stand, walk, lift, squat, bend, twist, crawl, kneel,
climb, and reach above shoulders throughout the workday.
- Must be able to:
- -lift up to 50 lbs from floor to waist.
- -lift up to 20 lbs over the head.
- -carry up to 40 lbs a reasonable distance.
- Must be able to:
- -push/pull with 30 lbs of force.
- -perform a sliding transfer of 150 lbs with a second person
- Will be exposed to the following hazards on a frequent basis:
mechanical, electrical, chemical, blood and body fluids. Will be
required to wear protective clothing and equipment as needed.
- Must have functional speech, vision, hearing, and touch with
ability to use fine-hand manipulation skills.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.This job
description indicates the general nature and level of work expected
of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform
other related duties.Advocate Aurora Health Job ID #R88601. Posted
job title: registered nurse lead family practice clinicAbout
Advocate Aurora HealthAdvocate Aurora Healths 22,000 nurses
demonstrate our values of excellence, compassion and respect,
collaborating to advance our stated purpose of helping people live
well. To encourage you to be the best nurse you can, Advocate
Aurora will provide support, tools and resources for orientation,
education and professional development, in the care setting that is
best for you. Your voice as a team member will be heard clearly
whether youre at one of our 10 Magnet designated hospitals or more
than 500 sites of care.Join our team and be inspired to chart a
course for Advocate Aurora to become the best place in the nation
for nurses to pursue their passion.Benefits
- Holiday Pay
- Guaranteed Hours
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
- Pet insurance
- Wellness and fitness programs
- Mileage reimbursement
- Employee assistance programs
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Life insurance
- Discount program
Keywords: Advocate Aurora Health, Sheboygan , staff - Lead Registered Nurse (RN) - Clinic - $30-45 per hour, Healthcare , Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!