Manager of Patient Care AMCSC- ICU, CCU and Cath Lab
Company: Advocate Health Care
Posted on: May 19, 2023
- Coordinates and manages all resources necessary to provide
optimal nursing care, including availability of staff resources,
patient care supplies and automated patient care systems.
Effectively manages resources through systems management and
coordinates system issues to assure optimal patient care.
- Maintains an optimal level of productivity, based on the
coordination of efficient 24-hour staffing and scheduling patterns
and labor management standards.
- Evaluates the quality of patient care provided by department
staff by using standards of practice, patient outcomes and other
quality indicators to include peer review, incident reports, use of
policies and procedures, evaluation of equipment, supplies and
products; ensures appropriate resources are available for
department performance improvement initiatives.
- Develops service strategies and monitors service levels against
indicators to demonstrate improvement in customer and patient
satisfaction. Coordinates and integrates services with other
- Maintains and promotes effective relationships with and between
patients, families, department staff, other departments, medical
staff and their support staff, other health care facilities and
vendors. Acts as a liaison between medical and nursing staffs as
- Facilitates evidence-based nursing by creating an environment
that encourages utilization of evidence in practice and
decision-making to maintain quality, cost and customer service;
ensures integration of evidence in congruence with departmental,
organizational, and strategic goals.
- Participates in shared governance councils and provides
feedback as requested. Makes recommendations for changes in nursing
practice to shared governance councils and promotes new approaches
and concepts. Supports shared governance by holding staff
accountable and by monitoring and counseling department
representative(s) to ensure role compliance.
- Responsible for attaining and maintaining department's
compliance with the Joint Commission (TJC) on Accreditation and
other regulatory bodies.
- Develops and communicates change initiatives. Achieves care
management targets in area(s) of responsibility and achieves target
improvements in employee engagement. Plans for staffing needs
appropriately meeting established productivity benchmarks and
achieves patient loyalty targets
- Assists physicians and other departments with development of
new services, identifying potential new sources of revenue and/or
assisting in the marketing of existing and new programs.
- Performs human resources responsibilities for staff which
include interviewing and selection of new employees, promotions,
staff development, performance evaluations, compensation changes,
resolution of employee concerns, corrective actions, terminations,
and overall employee morale.
- Develops and recommends operating and capital budgets and
controls expenditures within approved budget objectives.
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to the
organization's Code of Ethical Conduct and for ensuring that
personal actions, and the actions of employees supervised, comply
with the policies, regulations and laws applicable to the
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to
provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. Must
demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development
over the life span and possess the ability to assess data
reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate
information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative
to his/her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as
described in the department's policies and procedures. Age-specific
information is developed further in the departmental job standards.
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
- Registered Nurse license issued by the state in which the team
member practices. Education Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing. Experience Required:
- Typically requires 5 years of experience in nursing that
includes experiences in multiple areas. Includes 1 year of
supervisory experience in managing a staff and budgets in a nursing
environment at the supervisory/management level. Knowledge, Skills
& Abilities Required:
- Advanced knowledge of nursing management concepts, clinical
practice, and facilities policies and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to
deal with conflict resolution.
- Strong aptitude in human resource management.
- Ability to handle multiple demands simultaneously.
- Sound decision making and critical thinking skills.
- Proficient in use of computers, software, and other electronic
systems. Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, lift, squat, bend, reach
above shoulders, and twist frequently during work shift.
- Occasionally required to lift over 50 lbs. with
- Required to use foot pedals on carts or machines.
- Must have functional sight and hearing.
- Exposed to the following hazards on a continuous basis:
mechanical, electrical, chemical, radiation, blood and body
- Required to wear gloves, goggles and gowns on an as-needed
- Operates equipment essential to performing the duties of the
job. This job description indicates the general nature and level of
work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be
required to perform other related duties.
Join our Talent Network
- Share Nursing at Advocate Aurora
Jobs like this
- Certified Nursing Assistant CNA, 3rd shift, 7PM to 7AM
- Certified Nursing Assistant CNA 2nd shift, 3P to 3A
- Certified Nursing Assistant or CNA - 1st shift (3AM to 3PM)
- Registered Nurse - NICU
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion
every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the
differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us
unique - from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities
and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our
differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions
- for our team members, consumers and communities. And because
health care is built upon relationships, it's important for the
people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we
create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our
team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team
member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow
in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best
possible patient care.
Keywords: Advocate Health Care, Sheboygan , Manager of Patient Care AMCSC- ICU, CCU and Cath Lab, Executive , Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...