Posted on: September 24, 2022
The Engineering Manager will plan, organize, assign, review and
evaluate the work of professional and technical support staff to
achieve business objectives. Collaboratively work with the
Operations and Sales teams to flawlessly launch and then
continuously improve new products and processes.
* Responsibility for the oversight of design and modification to
new and existing products.
* Designs must consider sales, marketing or customer objectives,
product reliability, manufacturing capabilities, cost parameters,
product functionality, safety requirements, and appropriate
standards and regulations.
* The product is to be properly specified and documented, including
agreed upon manufacturing tolerances.
* Act as a technical resource to our customers. Work with sales and
our customers during the development phase of their project to aid
in the design of a project that is readily manufactured.
* Manage a team of engineers including training, workloads,
performance, and general supervision.
* Oversee the quoting process, identifying projects that are a good
fit and jobs Vollrath should win. Review high potential quotes and
work with the sales, and engineering teams and the customer to
develop the most cost-effective product design manufacturing plan
using any Vollrath resources.
* Review and manage department workload to ensure that quote
requests, new products and continuous improvement projects are
being executed to meet or exceed expectations, including timing and
* Provide engineering advice and assistance to manufacturing,
quality control, and manufacturing engineering on a day-to-day
basis. This includes troubleshooting existing production
* Work with sales and marketing peers to identify and recommend
capital improvement projects that increase capabilities and/or
reduce the cost to manufacture products that will result in growing
revenue and/or increasing profitability of the business.
* Minimum of 2 years in Supervisory role, and 5 years in related
* Metal Forming, Stamping, and Fabrication Engineering. Project
management in Manufacturing. Tooling Design and Development.
* 4-year Engineering Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related
* Engineering experience in Mechanical Design, Tooling Design,
Metal Forming and Joining.
* PC software, Computer Aided Design, Development of Metal Forming
* Recognize Process improvements relating to metal forming, joining
and finishing. Serve as project leader and clearly communicate
goals and objectives.
Company Culture Requirements
* Treat all people with Respect - People matter. Understand your
audience and your impact. We are better when people are heard and
valued for their unique perspective.
* Take Ownership - People are counting on you. Act with integrity
and follow through on commitments.
* Empower Action - We succeed when we work together. Our
differences make us stronger and create better outcomes. People and
teams are empowered to make decisions and take action.
* Commitment to Stakeholders - We are committed to knowing and
exceeding the expectations of our customers, employees, ownership
* Life Beyond Work - People need balance. Embrace opportunities to
pursue your passions.
Keywords: Vollrath, Sheboygan , Engineering Manager, Executive , Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!