Company: Waste Management
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Why Wrench -for WM?STABILITY. - -GREAT PAY. - ADVANCEMENT.Start
Pay Range:--- Based on experienceSign-On Bonus:---$5,000--- -Shift
Schedule: -1st ShiftAdditional Perks: -Annual $1,000 tool allowance
& $500 boot allowance, -Relocation OpportunitiesIndustry Leading
Benefits ---Home Every Day ---Stability ---Additional Perks -Join
us and, together, we'll work proud for our communities. -Hiring
today, for tomorrow. -About the JobOur Mechanics are trained to
provide superior maintenance on both diesel equipment and on our
growing fleet of CNG trucks. As a Diesel Mechanic, you'll perform
preventive maintenance inspection (PMI), troubleshoot, repair, and
rebuild major components on vehicles and equipment. -You'll work
independently on equipment that requires a high level of -skill
with -hydraulics, -electrical, -and diagnostics.What Does It Take
to Be a Diesel Mechanic?Below are the minimum qualifications to be
a fit for this job.
- Two (2) years of relevant work experience.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Valid driver's license and must have a clean driving
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with
or without reasonable accommodations. What's the Shop Like?This
shop is modern, clean, and organized! - This shop participates in a
mounted wheel program and focuses on delivering a high rate of
efficiency. - Our mechanics achieve this high level of efficiency
due to the collaborative environment they've created that focuses
on sharing best practices. - If you're looking for a great team
environment, this is it.What You'll DoTo be successful as a Diesel
Mechanic/Technician, you'll be expected to perform the following
tasks: - -
- Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with
Corporate/OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with
established safety procedures.
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections and effectively
repair of any problems identified during an inspection.
- Perform proficient inspection, diagnosis and moderately complex
repair of assigned vehicles and equipment.
- Assist, guide and direct to other maintenance personnel.
- Use vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure
modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimate time and material costs on repairs and requisitions
- Advise supervisor immediately if additional work is needed or
if repairs cannot be completed within the Standard Repair Times
- Inspect the quality of outside/supplier repairs and or
rebuilds. Assesses structural damage and assigns needed repairs
utilizing the most appropriate method(s).
- Perform service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conduct safety checks on vehicles. Performs maintenance related
work as required.
- As a mechanic you'll, at times, -supervise maintenance duties
in the absence of your manager. Work Environment / Physical
DemandsListed below are key points regarding environmental demands
and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such
as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day
- You'll handle objects less than 30 pounds most of the work
- You'll be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts,
burns, exposure to chemicals, etc.) often
- You'll be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt,
odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements often About our
BenefitsAt Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a
competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental,
Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a
Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees
also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please
note that benefits may vary by site.If this sounds like the
opportunity that you have been looking for, "Apply" today!About
WMWaste Management (WM) is the leading provider of comprehensive
waste and environmental services in North America. WM serves nearly
25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and
municipal markets throughout North America through a network of
collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling
facilities and waste-based energy production projects.Equal
Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Keywords: Waste Management, Sheboygan , Diesel Mechanic, Engineering , Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!