Company: Waste Management
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Why Wrench for Waste Management?STABILITY. GREAT PAY.
ADVANCEMENT.***This is a 2nd shift position***Why should you apply?
We invest in you!
- Great Pay (based on experience) + $5,000 Sign on Bonus
- Industry-leading health insurance
- 3 Weeks Paid Time Off
- 401k + Company Match
- 100% Paid Tuition, Books & Fees for 135+ education
- Discounted Stock Options
- $1,000 Yearly tool allowance, $500 boot allowance, uniforms,
safety vests and protective eye wear for mechanics
- Non flat-rate shops
- An opportunity to work with an empowering workforce and career
advancementAbout the JobOur Mechanics are trained to provide
superior maintenance on both diesel equipment and on our growing
fleet of CNG trucks. As a Diesel Mechanic, you'll perform
preventive maintenance inspection (PMI), troubleshoot, repair, and
rebuild major components on vehicles and equipment. You'll work
independently on equipment that requires a high level of skill with
hydraulics, electrical, and diagnostics.What Does It Take to Be a
Diesel Mechanic?Below are the minimum qualifications to be a fit
for this job.
- Two (2) years of relevant work experience.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Valid driver's license and must have a clean driving
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with
or without reasonable accommodations.What's the Shop Like?This shop
is modern, clean, organized, and focuses on delivering a high rate
of efficiency. Our mechanics achieve this high level of efficiency
due to the collaborative environment they've created that focuses
on sharing best practices. If you're looking for a great team
environment, this is it.What You'll DoTo be successful as a Diesel
Mechanic / Technician, you'll be expected to perform the following
- Perform all work within the Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections and repair of any
problems identified during an inspection.
- Perform proficient inspection, diagnosis and moderately complex
repair of assigned vehicles and equipment.
- Conduct safety checks on vehicles.
- Use vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure
modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimate time and material costs on repairs and requisitions
- Inspect the quality of outside/supplier repairs and or
rebuilds. Assesses structural damage and assigns needed repairs
utilizing the most appropriate method(s).
- Perform service calls for emergency breakdowns.Safety and our
Work EnvironmentSafety is a core value at Waste Management and we
have zero tolerance for unsafe actions or conditions. We strive to
maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/OSHA
Standards, and perform all work in accordance with established
safety procedures. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such
as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the workday
- You'll handle objects less than 30 pounds most of the
workdayAbout our BenefitsAt Waste Management, each eligible
employee receives a competitive total compensation package
including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term
Disability, as well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on
401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays,
and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.If
this sounds like what you have been looking for, "Apply today!About
WMWaste Management (WM) is the leading provider of comprehensive
waste and environmental services in North America. WM serves nearly
25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and
municipal markets throughout North America through a network of
collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling
facilities and waste-based energy production projects.Equal
Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Keywords: Waste Management, Sheboygan , Diesel Mechanic, Engineering , Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!