Company: Waste Management
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading
provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North
America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating
excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves
nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial
and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of
collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling
facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
The entry level Maintenance Mechanic Assistant is primarily
responsible for supporting the day-to-day cleaning, testing and
maintaining centrifuges, pumps, augers, piping, mixers and any
other mechanical equipment. Also, learning key equipment components
rebuilding techniques, preventive and predictive maintenance tasks
from a Maintenance Mechanic Sr. The entry level Maintenance
Mechanic Assistant position also requires learning the operation of
centrifuge technology and/or chemical treatment including all
Health, Safety and Environmental practices.
II. Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
- Ensures health and safety is the number one goal by following
policies, processes and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Assists and performs mechanical tasks on job site construction,
providing coordination and leadership support as directed or
- Rebuilds centrifuges, pumps, augers, mixers and any other key
equipment components of the mechanical equipment.
- Cleans, inspects and tests centrifuges, pumps, augers, mixers
and electrical controls.
- Maintains site process equipment.
- Records and submits service reports for work preformed
- Required to travel 50% of the time both by roadways and
- Learn to read and understand measurement tools such as dial
indicators, micrometers, etc.
- Learn to read and understand P&ID's, electrical schematic,
mechanical drawings, etc.
- Learn the operational functions of the processing
- Responsible for rigging.
- Learn to use metal tools such as gas torches, welding machines,
band saw, etc.
- Operation of forklifts and service trucks on the highway and
off-road.III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and
completion of an accredited mechanical/electrical/millwright
- Expereince: No previous years of experience (in addition to
education requirement).B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or
- TWIC Card preferred
- Clean motor vehicle record
- Forklift Certification preferred
- OSHA Hazardous Material training a plus
- Basic knowledge of mechanical and electrical hand toolsC. Other
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Computer proficiency skills to include Microsoft Word and
ExcelV. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and
work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such
as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the workday;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects heavier
than 50 pounds frequently;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as
cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) frequently;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves
dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements
- Ability to pass pre-employment physical and pass pulmonary
testing for respirator clearance.
- Will work outdoors in inclement weather conditions for extended
periods in 12-hour shifts.
- Normal setting for this job is a maintenance shop. This will
include field service trips to a variety of customer-sites
(petrochemical refinery, chemical plant, waste water treatment
plant, protein plants, etc.).Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click "Apply.
Keywords: Waste Management, Sheboygan , Mechanic Assistant, Engineering , Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!